Novavax available for first or second dose
Residents of the province of Antwerp can get the Novavax vaccine (nuvaxovid) at vaccination point district house Merksem and, from Wednesday 27 April, also at vaccination point ZNA Sint-Erasmus. The Novavax vaccine is not currently licensed as a booster. You can only make an appointment for a first or second dose at this time. For the Novavax vaccine, residents can make an appointment by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes name, first name, phone number, any referral letter, and any previous coronavirus vaccines. Or by calling the local coronavirus info line on +32 (0)3 435 95 55.
Residents of Antwerp, Schoten, Stabroek, Wommelgem or Borsbeek:
- from the age of 5 years
- by appointment
- with or without invitation
- or if you have no fixed address or are homeless
Locations and opening hours
|Tuesday 24 May||Antwerp Expo||10am – 20pm|
|Wednesday 25 May||Antwerp Expo||10am – 20pm|
|Wednesday 25 May||ZNA Sint Erasmus||1pm – 5:30pm|
|Monday 30 May||Antwerp Expo||10am – 20pm|
|Tuesday 31 May||Antwerp Expo||10am – 20pm|
|Wednesday 1 june||ZNA Sint Erasmus||2:30 pm – 5:30pm|
|Wednesday 8 june||ZNA Sint Erasmus||3:30 pm – 5:30pm|
|Wednesday 15 june||ZNA Sint Erasmus||3:30 pm – 5:30pm|
|Wednesday 22 june||ZNA Sint Erasmus||3:30 pm – 5:30pm|
Get vaccinated in:
Vaccination point ZNA Stuivenberg
Lange Beeldekensstraat 267, B-2060 Antwerp
Vaccination point ZNA Saint-Erasmus
Lieutenant Lippenslaan 55, B-2140 Antwerp
Vaccination point district house Merksem
Burgemeester Jozef Nolfplein 1, B-2170 Antwerp
Vaccination point Kiel
Sint-Bernardsesteenweg 187, B-2020 Antwerp
Make an appointment
- Have you received an invitation? Click here to make an appointment.
- Are you between the ages of 12 and 17? If so, you will not receive an invitation but will need to make an appointment in advance. Click here to make an appointment.
- Did you receive the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as your first dose? If so, you will not receive an invitation but will need to make an appointment in advance. Click here to make an appointment.
- Didn’t you receive an invitation? Call the local coronavirus info line on +32 (0)3 435 95 55 and make your appointment by phone.
Learn more about how to make an appointment.
Not able to make an appointment? You can visit all vaccination points without an appointment or invitation during opening hours.
Note: You cannot make an appointment locally at the vaccination centres when they are closed. You can only make appointments in advance.
You can go to any vaccination point for:
Primary vaccination from 5 years of age
Did you receive an invitation for your primary vaccination? Did you explicitly decline your first invitation for vaccination? Or did you miss your second dose of the vaccine? You can still be vaccinated.
Booster vaccination from 12 years of age
- if you are eligible based on the period after the last dose of your primary vaccination:
- from 2 months after the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- from 4 months after the Moderna, Pfizer and AstraZeneca vaccine
- if you have received your primary vaccination and have reduced immunity, you will automatically receive a new invitation for this. People with impaired immunity can only get their fourth dose by showing their invitation.
- if you are 12 to 17 years old and received your primary vaccination at least 4 months ago. 12 to 15-year-olds need their parents’ permission to be vaccinated.
Additional booster vaccination if you received Johnson & Johnson vaccine:
- if you received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine as your first dose
- from 3 months after your previous booster vaccination
Childhood vaccination and booster vaccination continue in a completely separate system. At each location, child vaccination is organised in a child-friendly manner.
- Read more about how to reach the vaccination points.
- On the website Slim naar Antwerpen, you can plan your route to the vaccination point of your choice.
- Please note that some vaccination points are located in a low-emission zone. Find out more on the website Slim naar Antwerpen.
- Are you less mobile? Contact your mutual fund to see if they can help you or use your taxi vouchers.